Monday, August 23, 2010

What is the best treatment for acne scarring?

I have mild acne scarring on my cheeks from previous years of suffering from acne. I'm still breaking out, but it's mainly just scarring at this point.


From your EXPERIENCE, what is the best treatment for it? I'm seeing a dermatologist and they're first recommendation was laser skin resurfacing. I'm all for it, but I want to make sure it'll work before I put all my money into it.What is the best treatment for acne scarring?
Take it from someone who has tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING!





The BEST way to clear acne spots is using these two ingredients..





African Black Soap


and Vitamin E 70,000 IU





twice daily!





its doing wonders for me and i think i was in the WORST condition of all!





tyoe those two in google.. it should not be expensive at all.. its better than any bleaching cream that will later cause damage..








i garauntee after the 2 weeks of use you will be wowed by the power of natural vitamin e and african black soap...








My regimen is.. heat my face with a hot towel for 10 secounds to open pores..





wash faces with african black soap..





then rub a tiny but of vitamin e oil.. it moisturizes the skin so well..!





then put on my make up until i wont have to anymore..





hope that works.What is the best treatment for acne scarring?
I have acne scarring on my cheeks too from years acne problems.


Retexturing the skin through exfoliation (shedding the dead outer layers to reveal new healthy cells) is one way that I've tried to lessen the scarring.





I've had some mild success using Vitamin A topical creams (Retin A, retinoids such as Differin, retinols), products containing alpha hydroxy acid - all which chemically exfoliate the skin. As I mentioned , the results I've managed to get so far (after 1 year) are slightly average and the process (to see results) is long.





To get significant and quicker results , I do believe that Dermal treatments such as lasers and chemical peels (stronger than over the counter or beauty salon stuff!) are the way to!! I know that I do not have the personal experience YET to back up this claim (As it is rather expensive). However I've done enough research (books, journals, magazines, interviews %26amp; internet) to truly believe this. So much so that I've decided to go back to uni again to retrain as a Dermal Therapist (expert that uses mentioned dermal treatments. So excited!)





Ask your dermatologist which dermal treatment (i.e. fillers for really deep scars; chemical peels; lasers such as YAG, Fraxel, ) is best for you.
After many trials and errors, I found that the only way to treat scars with any results was the laser treatment. Fraxel is the best. I had 4 treatments and it's great. Although a little expensive, they are worth their money! You can also get fillers like Restylane it is fantastic, I did that for touch up. Follow up with Vitamin C serum.
If they are not deep scars alpha hydroxy works really well...comes in a red box sold at many places....Ulta is where I get mine :) Remember though you have to be repetative for it to work..... be patient

No comments:

Post a Comment