Monday, November 21, 2011

What is the strongest treatment for acne?

The strongest TOPICAL treatment? I only know of Differin. I also know that the stongest medicine overall is Accutane, but I'm way too afraid to use that. Really, I've mostly heard about the pills, but not much about topicals--once again, I can only name Differin right now... Thanks if anybody has answers, I appreciate the help!What is the strongest treatment for acne?
Here are some topical treatments. I've personally tried almost all of them, and all but the Sulfacetamide was too strong for my skin, but it smelled funny and didn't help all that much. So what may be too strong for me may not be for you. Just because something is ';strong'; doesn't mean it will clear up your acne, it can actually make it worse if it irritates your skin. I never found a topical that worked well for me. Finding something that successfully treats your acne is really a hit and miss game, It took me 12 years to find something that actually worked.





Topical Acne Treatments


The most commonly used topical acne treatments include:





A) Benzoyl Peroxide: can improve acne by killing the acne bacteria and by unblocking oil gland pores.





B) Retinoids: This acne medication is used to unblock the pores of oil glands, and is usually the first choice of treatment for whiteheads and blackheads.





Types of retinoids include:





Tretinoin (Steiva-A庐, Retin-A庐, or Avita庐 cream/gel, and Vitamin A Acid庐)


Adapalene (Differin庐 0.1% cream or gel solution)


Tazortene (Tazorac庐 Gel 0.05%, 0.1%)





C) Topical Acne Antibiotics, including:





Clindamycin


Erythromycin


Sulfacetamide





D) Azelaic acid: Has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties





E) Combination topical products, such as:





Topical retinoid with erythromycin (Stievamycin庐 by Stiefel)


Topical benzoyl peroxide with erythromycin (Benzamycin庐 by Dermik)


Topical benzoyl peroxide with clindamycin (BenzaClin庐 by Dermik)What is the strongest treatment for acne?
Acne Complex


http://www.askaquery.com/Answers/qn1548.鈥?/a>
Proactiv really works very well... try that
Get some tetracycline... but be aware that you shouldn't expose yourself to direct sunlight or tanning beds as you could end up with a serious burn. Wear protective clothing and sunscreen if exposure to the sun is unavoidable.


But first than that check with your doctor. ;)
Clearisil face wash
soap DOVE
I use proactiv its really a good skin cleanser. I use to have bad breakout on my cheeks and stuff, but i havent for a while now. but if you dont want to try that you might want to use clearasil it works pretty good too, but proactiv is the best, seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment